Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Shepherds Pie

It has been getting pretty cool around here lately and cool weather makes me think of warm comfort food. Shepherds pie is a great cold weather dish. I like that with this dish I can sneak in veggies and turkey and no one knows the difference. I have a hard time getting veggies in my 5 year old, and my husband! My 10 month old even devoured this!

I debated posting a picture because it turned out looking a big mess! I was in a hurry because I started dinner late so I didnt let the sauce thicken enough and it didnt really hold a shape. It was still delicious!








Shepherds Pie

Ingredients:
1.5lb ground turkey
1/2 medium zuchinni
1/2 small onion
1c baby carrots
3 cloves garlic
1.5T Worcestershire sauce
2T tomato paste
1/2t dried thyme
1 can beef broth
Salt and Pepper to taste

3C mashed potatoes
1/4C Colby Jack cheese


Directions:

-In a large skillet brown turkey until no longer pink.
-Place zuchinni, carrots, onion and garlic in food processor. Pulse until finely chopped. Add mixture to meat cooking for 3 minutes.
-Add Worcestershire sauce and tomato paste.Season with thyme and cook 1 minute. Add broth and simmer 10-15 minutes or until sauce has thikened. Transfer beef to a deep baking dish. Top with mashed potatoes.
-Bake for 30 minutes at 375F or until top is brown and heated through.

No comments:

Post a Comment