Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Toasted Orzo with Herbs

Im posting this today because I realized I havent really posted any side dishes. Im always on the search for sides, because I get so tired of the same ol' thing. For me, sides need to be fast and easy to throw together because I usually forget about them until the last minute. Oops! The ingredients for this are beyond simple, but the flavor is fantastic! I was a little suprised at how much I enjoyed this. My 10 month old devoured it too, bonus! I got the recipe from one of the wonderful ladies over on my Cooking For Your Family board, and changed it up a bit. Enjoy!






Toasted Orzo with Herbs

1C orzo
1 can low sodium chicken broth
1/2t dried rosemary leaves
1/2t dried thyme leaves

Directions:

In a saucepan toast orzo over med-high heat until golden brown. Add in chicken broth and seasonings. Reduce heat and simmer 10-15 minutes or until desired tenderness. Stir right before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment