Monday, July 19, 2010

Sloppy Joes

...or not so sloppy if you're like me. I used to hate sloppy joes. Maybe it was the name, or maybe because it had ketchup in it. Hmm probably the ketchup. Yes im a reformed picky eater and I loathed ketchup! Anyways, my husband loves sloppy joes. For the first year of our marriage he was always asking me to make them...and I refused. Well one day I broke when I found this yummy recipe. I like that they do not come from a can of any kind and I can adjust just how sloppy these get. I for one do not like a ton of sauce. It really doesnt get much easier than these, so give them a try and your kids, and possibly husband will be thanking you! Enjoy!





Sloppy Joes
Source: 4kowboys

Ingredients:

1 lb ground turkey (or beef)
1/2 t chili powder
1/4 t dried mustard
1/4 t cumin
3/4 t minced onion flakes
1 clove garlic - minced
1/2c- 3/4c ketchup (adjust to your taste)
Salt & Pepper to taste

Directions:

Brown the meat adding salt and pepper to tast. Drain any fat then add remaining ingredients until heated through. Serve on buns.

No comments:

Post a Comment