Thursday, July 15, 2010

Slow Cooker Carnitas

If you dont own a crockpot you really should get one! I love using mine when I know im going to have a busy day, or when its too hot outside to stand over my stove. This recipe is simple and delicious, two of my favorite things when it comes to cooking! The meat is tender and has a light citrus flavor. I wrapped it in warm wheat flour tortillas, corn tortillas would be great also. I didnt have any cheese to top it with...I know who runs out of cheese?!?! It would have made this dish even better! I paired it with a homemade spanish rice recipe which I will post later, it still needs some tweaking.


The picture doesnt look like much, but trust me, its yummy!




Slow Cooker Carnitas

Ingredients:
2 lb pork shoulder
1/2 c fresh squeezed orange juice, about 1 orange
1/4 c fresh squeezed lime juice, about 1 large lime
7 whole cloves of garlic
1 t kosher salt
1 T cumin
1/2 c beef broth
Tortillas

Directions:
In a small bowl combine salt and cumin. Rub mixture into pork and place in slow cooker. Add garlic cloves, lime and orange juice, and beef broth. Cook on low for 8-10 hours, until pork shreds easily with a fork. Serve on warm tortillas!

No comments:

Post a Comment