Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tex Mex Lasagna

Im a Texas girl at heart, and I love Mexican food so I knew I had to try this recipe! I was actually a little skeptical at first. When I think lasagna I think of ooey gooey cheesey Italian comfort food. Let me just say this was absolutely amazing!! It has layers and layers of goodness!I had 2 helpings and really thought about getting a third, but im trying really hard to cut down my portions and lose some of this baby weight. My 4 year old even loved this and she has become a very picky eater! I made this during lunch and threw it in the fridge until dinner time. This recipe would also freeze very well. Next time I will be making a double batch, 1 to eat and 1 to freeze.













Tex Mex Lasagna

Ingredients:

1 lb lean ground beef
1 16oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 c frozen corn
1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
1 envelope taco seasoning (see recipe below)
1 15oz can tomato sauce, divided
2 c salsa
12 lasagna noodles
1 bag reduced-fat Mexican blend cheese


Directions:

-Boil lasagna noodles according to package.
-In a large skillet cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in beans, corn, jalapeno, taco seasonings and 3/4c tomato sauce.
-Combine salsa and remaing tomato sauce. Spread 1/4c into a 9x13 in baking dish. Layer 4 noodles, half of the meat, 1c salsa mixture, 3/4c cheese. Repeat layers, topping with salsa mixture and cheese.
-Cover and bake at 350F for 45-50 minutes or until edges are bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.



** I like to make my own taco seasonings. I can control the heat, salt and there is no MSG! Its simple and you can makes multiple batches and store in ziploc baggies for easy use.


Taco Seasoning:

3t chili powder
2.5t paprika
2.5t cumin
1.5t onion powder
1.5t garlic powder
1/8 t cayenne pepper

Mix together and store in ziploc baggie or use right away!

No comments:

Post a Comment