Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tuscan Garlic Chicken

There's 2 things I really really love when it comes to food. I mean, its an unnatural kind of love. Garlic and pasta, of any kind. I put garlic in pretty much anything, which if you stick around to read my blog (hint hint) you will see for yourself. And when it comes to pasta, I try to minimize how much we eat because of health reasons. I also try to stick to whole wheat, whole grain pastas. Well, its a no brainer that this recipe was just calling out to me. The recipe called for fettuccine which you can see from the picture I didnt use. I used tri color rotini, still delicious! I will say now to make sure the chicken gets nice and crispy or it just wont be nearly as good. I reheated it for lunch the next day and I have to say it was even better!






Tuscan Garlic Chicken
Olive Garden Recipe

Ingredients:

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1.5 c flour, plus 1T
2 t salt
2 t black pepper
2 T Italian seasoning
1 lb fettuccine pasta (or your favorite pasta!) cooked according to directions
5 T olive oil
1 T garlic, chopped
1 red pepper julienne cut
1/2 c white wine
1/2 lb spinach
2 c heavy cream
1 c parmesan cheese, grated

-Pre-heat oven to 350F.
-Mix 1.5c flour, salt, pepper, and Italian seasonings in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken in mixture, shaking off excess flour.
-Heat 3T oil in a large skillet. Cook chicken over med-high heat until golden brown and crisp.
-Place cooked chicken on a baking sheet and place in oven. Cook 10-15 minutes or until internal temp reaches 165F
-Heat 2T oil in a sauce pan. Add garlic and red pepper and cook 1 minute. Stir in 1T flour, wine, spinach, and cream, bring to a boil. Sauce is done when spinach becomes wilted.
-Coat cooked, drained pasta with sauce, then top with chicken and remaining sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment