Thursday, September 16, 2010

Chicken Scallopini with Lemon Glaze

This was an easy to throw together, flavorful dish. The title says it has a lemon glaze, but to me a glaze is thicker so it was more of a saucy type thing. Either way, I just spooned a little over the chicken and let it soak up all the delicious lemon flavor. I also made the dijon because I thought I had some in the fridge and realized I used the very last of it a few days before and well lets face it, I was to lazy to run to the store. I never realized how simple it is to make! I will never buy another jar of dijon!





Chicken Scallopini with Lemon Glaze

Ingredients:
1lb chicken breasts- pounded thin
1T dijon mustard -recipe below
1 egg
1C breadcrumbs
1/2t Italian seasoning
1t garlic powder
1t onion powder
2T olive oil for frying

Lemon Glaze
1/2C chicken broth
4T lemon juice
1/2t salt
1 lemon- sliced thin

Directions:
-In a shallow dish whisk together mustard and eggs; set aside. In a seperate dish combine breadcrumbs, italian seasonings, garlic, onion and salt.
-Dip chicken in egg mixture (shake off excess egg) and the coat in breadcrumb mixture.
-Heat oil in a skiller over med-high heat. Cook chicken about 5 minutes on each side, or until it is no longer pink; remove and keep warm.
-For the glaze: in the same skillet add broth and lemon juice. Bring to a boil, scraping down any brown bits from the pan. Add in lemon slices and parsley, cook 1 minute.
-Spoon sauce over the chicken.





Dijon Mustard

2T dry mustard
1T mayo
1t water
1t white vinegar
Pinch of sugar

Mix together! Makes about 2T dijon.

1 comment:

  1. I have an award for you!
    http://msenplace.blogspot.com/2010/09/awards.html

    ReplyDelete