Thursday, September 30, 2010

Chewy Granola Squares

I know I said I would post the recipe for the buns today, but these granola sqyares are so yummy I had to share. The recipe is versatile, so feel free to add different things that your family will enjoy. My 11 month old would survive on these if I let him! They are chewy and wont crumble when you take a bite, which means less mess when little ones are running around with these. I like to stick a few of these in my purse for a healthy snack on the go.







Chewy Granola Squares

Ingredients:
2C old fashioned oats
1/2C brown sugar
1/2C flax seed
3/4t cinnamon
1C whole wheat flour
3/4t salt
1/4C honey
1 egg
3/4C applesauce
2t vanilla
1/2C crispy brown rice cereal
3/4C mix of dried fruits/nuts/chocolate chips- I used dried apples only this time

Directions:
-Heat oven to 350F
-In a bowl mix dry ingredients. Stir in wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
-Spray a 9x13in baking pan with non-stick spray. Lightly press mixture evenly into the pan.
-Bake 25-30 minutes. Cut and remove to a cooling rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment