Thursday, September 2, 2010

Graham Cracker Cookies

So I was at the store looking for snacks for the kids and grabbed a box of Graham Crackers. I was looking through the ingredients (yes this is another, OMG did you know what that was in there posts) and it had high fructose corn syrup. That stuff is horrible for you and its in everything!! Needless to say, I set the box right back on the shelf and went on my merry way. Amazingly enough I was looking on one of my favorite sits, weelicious.com the next day and homemade graham crackers was the first post I saw! It was a sign! These taste like the real deal to me, and my kids both scarfed these down. I used a small glass to cut out my circles and they tasted more like cookies, so I changed the name for my post. If you are a graham cracker fan, or your looking for a little healthier snack for the kids, you must try these!









Graham Crackers
Recipe via Weelicious.com

Ingredients
1C whole wheat flour
1 1/2C unbleached all purpose flour
1/2C brown sugar, packed --I used light brown, the recipes says dark
1/2t salt
1t cinnamon
1t baking soda
1/2C butter, chilled and cubed
1/4C honey
1/4C water

Directions:
-Preheat the oven to 350F.
-In a food processor or with a mixer combine the first 6 ingredients.
-Add cubed butter to the mixture and pulse/mix until it resembles coarse meal.
-Add honey and water and continue to mix until all combined.
-Remove and shape dough into a flat disk. Roll out until 1/4 inch thick. Cut into shapes
-Place on parchment lined baking sheet and bake 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment