Friday, September 3, 2010

Lower Fat Banana Bread

There are 1,001 recipes for banana bread, and I have tried a few of them myself. I like this variation because it is a bit healthier and thats always a plus in my book! This always turns out very moist and full of flavor. So, enjoy one of my favorite recipes for banana bread!






Lower Fat Banana Bread

Ingredients:
1C all purpose flour
3/4C whole wheat flour
1T milled flax seed -optional
1/3C sugar
1t cinnamon
2t baking powder
1/2t baking soda
1/2t salt
2 eggs
2 ripe bananas
1/3C low fat milk
1/4C fat free vanilla yogurt
1t vanilla extract


Directions:
-Preheat oven to 325F
-In a bowl, beat eggs and sugar until fluffy. Then beat in yogurt, bananas, milk and vanilla.
-In a seperate bowl sift together dry ingredients. Stir dry ingredients into the wet. Stir unti lwell combined.
- Pour into a loaf pan, sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake 1 hour

No comments:

Post a Comment