Wednesday, September 29, 2010

White Castle Sliders

I have never been to a White Castle restaurant so I cant be a good judge of how close to the real thing these little burgers are, but I can say they were very good! I love how simple they are to make and they are full of flavor with very few ingredients. My husband LOVED these! I served mine one homemade hamburger buns. I will be sharing that recipe in the next post. You could use regular buns for large burgers, but I think they are best with the mini buns I made, or you can buy small rolls.






White Castle Sliders
Adapted from Favorite Family Recipes

Ingredients:
2 lbs hamburger meat
1 onion-finely chopped
1 package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
1T peanut butter
1/2C milk
Rolls or Buns
Sliced Cheese- I really recommend the velveeta slices

Directions:
-In a large bowl mix the hamburger, onion soup mix, peanut butter and milk. Spread the mixture on a cookie sheet that has a rim. A rolling pin can be used to help roll it out evenly
-Heat oven to 350F and bake for 10 minutes.Take it out of the oven and place diced onion all around the edges of the meat.(The meat will shrink while cooking) Place back in the oven for 15 minutes. Take it back out and add cheese slices and bake for 7-10 more minutes, or until cheese is melted. Remove and add the tops of your rolls and place back in the oven for 5 minutes. (The bottom part of the rolls will just sit on the counter) Slice the meat and pick up the slider/top bun with spatula and set it on the bottom bun.
-Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment